Latest World News Update
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Live Streaming
  • Legal Talk
Font ResizerAa
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Search
  • Home
    • Home 1
  • Categories
  • Legal Talk
  • Bookmarks
  • More Foxiz
    • Sitemap
banner
Create an Amazing Newspaper
Discover thousands of options, easy to customize layouts, one-click to import demo and much more.
Learn More

Stay Updated

Get the latest headlines, discounts for the military community, and guides to maximizing your benefits
Subscribe

Explore

  • Photo of The Day
  • Opinion
  • Today's Epaper
  • Trending News
  • Weekly Newsletter
  • Special Deals
Made by ThemeRuby using the Foxiz theme Powered by WordPress
Latest World News Update > Blog > National > Lawyers suspend strike after Police defer operation of Delhi LG’s notification – World News Network

Lawyers suspend strike after Police defer operation of Delhi LG’s notification – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork By worldnewsnetwork August 29, 2025 3 Min Read
Share

New Delhi [India], August 29 (ANI): The District Court lawyers suspended their strike against the Delhi Lieutenant Governor’s notification on Thursday, after a meeting of lawyers took place with the representative government.
The strike has been suspended in view of a statement issued by the office of the Commissioner of police saying that the operation of the LG’s notification would only be carried out after hearing all stakeholders.
After the 7-hour-long meeting, it was announced that the strike had been suspended. Union Home Minister Amit Shah is also expected to meet lawyers on Monday, as he was not in Delhi on Thursday.
Delhi police said in a statement that concerns have been raised by members of the Bar Association in Delhi regarding the said notification. The co-ordination committee of All District Courts Bar Association of Delhi, through their letter dated 18th August 2025 to the Chief Minister of Delhi and vide letter of 20th August 2025 to the LG of Delhi, has submitted their representation on this matter.
“In view of the above, to address and resolve the concerns, it has been decided that the Union Home Minister would meet the representatives of the Bar to discuss the issue with an open mind,” the statement reads.
Lawyers have been on strike since August 22, against the LG’s notification for deposition of police personnel through video conferencing from the police stations.
Under the leadership of V K Singh, Chairman of the Coordination Committee, representatives of lawyers had a meeting with the representative of Home Minister Amit Shah.
Advocate Nagendra Kumar, Convener of the Coordination Committee, said that a meeting was held with the representative of Union HM. He will meet the lawyers on Monday to find a solution to the issue. Till then, the police have deferred the operation of the notification.
Advocate Tarun Rana, Secretary of New Delhi Bar Association, said that during the meeting, lawyers and several officers of the concerned officers participated. Thereafter, a statement has been issued by the Delhi police stating that the operation of the notification would be carried out after hearing all stakeholders.
The lawyers of the District Court Bar Association were protesting against the LG’s notification of August 13, for deposition of police officers through video conferencing from police stations.
During the protest at Karkardooma Court on Friday, an advocate, Ravinder Sharma, died due to a heart attack. Delhi High Court Association mourned the death of Ravinder Sharma. (ANI)

Contents
WORLD MEDIA NETWORKPRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTIONPress releases distribution in 166 countriesPress releases in all languagesPress releases in Indian LanguagesIndia PackagesEurope PackagesAsia PackagesMiddle East & Africa PackagesSouth America PackagesUSA & Canada PackagesOceania PackagesCis Countries PackagesWorld Packages

Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

sponsored by

WORLD MEDIA NETWORK


PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION

Press releases distribution in 166 countries

EUROPE UK, INDIA, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SOUTHEAST ASIA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, GREATER CHINA, VIETNAM, THAILAND, INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, SOUTH AMERICA, RUSSIA, CIS COUNTRIES, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND MORE

Press releases in all languages

ENGLISH, GERMAN, DUTCH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, ARABIC, JAPANESE, and KOREAN CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, THAI, MALAY, RUSSIAN. ITALIAN, SPANISH AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES

Press releases in Indian Languages

HINDI, MARATHI, GUJARATI, TAMIL, TELUGU, BENGALI, KANNADA, ORIYA, PUNJABI, URDU, MALAYALAM
For more details and packages

Email - support@worldmedianetwork.uk
Website - worldmedianetwork.uk

India Packages

Read More

Europe Packages

Read More

Asia Packages

Read More

Middle East & Africa Packages

Read More

South America Packages

Read More

USA & Canada Packages

Read More

Oceania Packages

Read More

Cis Countries Packages

Read More

World Packages

Read More
sponsored by
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link Print
Previous Article “Extremely shameful!”: BJP on “indecent language” used against PM Modi’s late mother at Voter Adhikar Yatra – World News Network
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Wake up with our popular morning roundup of the day's top military and defense stories

Listen Now

Stay Updated

Get the latest headlines, discounts for the military community, and guides to maximizing your benefits
Subscribe
banner
Create an Amazing Newspaper
Discover thousands of options, easy to customize layouts, one-click to import demo and much more.
Learn More

Explore

  • Photo of The Day
  • Opinion
  • Today's Epaper
  • Trending News
  • Weekly Newsletter
  • Special Deals

You Might Also Like

Monsoon toll rises to 312 in Himachal;160 rain-related, 152 in road accidents – World News Network

National

“Insult to Hindus”: Karnataka BJP President demand immediate retraction of DK Shivakumar’s Chamundi Hill statement – World News Network

National

Uttarakhand: Badrinath highway between Srinagar and Rudraprayag submerged; cloudburst causes extensive damage, rescue underway – World News Network

National

Uttarakhand: Woman dies in Rudraprayag; rescue operations ongoing amid heavy rainfall – World News Network

National
Latest World News Update

Copyright © 2024 World News Network. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?